It will by default:
- allow you to book appointments online (when available)
- allow you to request repeat medication
- allow you to update your contact details (mobile, phone number etc)
- allow you to register your organ donation decision
- allow you to set your National Data Opt Out (see below)
- provide you with general health advice
- help you get advice about coronavirus
And, if you specifically request it (this is the only time that you will need to contact your GP surgery regarding the NHS App):
- securely view your detailed electronic GP record
- so allowing you to check the results of any blood tests or x-rays requested by your GP, download them, print them off at home, take them to hospital appointments etc.
- and allow you to show your GP record to any healthcare professional providing you with medical care - anywhere in the world
Our Online Access Registration Form (aged 16+)
(if you want access to your detailed GP medical record, and/or wish to use an alternative online access app)
If you are looking to enable online access for someone under the age of 16, or as a "proxy" on behalf of someone aged 16+, then please do ask at one of our three surgery sites for information on how to do this.
The NHS App also (and by default) allows you to:
• set your National Data Opt Out preference
which determines how organisations (at present, principally NHS Digital) can use and disseminate information that they already hold about you.
Information about the National Data Opt Out (and links to further information) can be found on our website:
Please note that setting your National Data Opt Out will not prohibit the extraction and uploading of your GP record to NHS Digital as part of the forthcoming General Practice Data for Planning and Research (GPDPR) project.
The GPDPR project has been delayed – but not cancelled.
You can continue to opt-out of this, now, if you so wish.
To prohibit the use of your personal information in this way, you need to register a Type 1 opt-out at the surgery.
If you would like any further information about the NHS App, COVID-19 vaccination certificates, secure online records access, the National Data Opt Out, Type 1 opt-outs, GPDPR, or any other aspect of data sharing/privacy/confidentiality of your GP records, then please contact the surgery's Caldicott Guardian and Data Protection Officer:
Dr Neil Bhatia